• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Failed to connect to Adobe Dynamic Link project ( 86 :: 1 )" error or unlinked scene footage

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, "ask and you shall receive." I was able to correct this error when I posted previously, but now it's Monday so of course it's beginning to give me errors in regards to the correction I was making - now nothing works. Here is a screencap of the repro requested:

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I moved this issue into a separate topic)

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. You were previous able to fix it by relinking the CH scenes, but reopening the AE project shows them as disconnected again?

If you open Activity Monitor while this is happening, how many instances of Character Animator are listed?

Is your Character Animator project on an internal or external drive?

What are your system specifications (macOS version, RAM, etc.)?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, thanks for your help/attention!

Yes, previously relinking the CH scenes made them usable in AE, but after a save and a reboot (after the weekend) that AE project will not reload CA scenes at all.

Activity Monitor? Where/how do I access that?

CA project is on an internal hard drive.

Running MacOS Sierra V10.12.6 with 2.8GHz Intel Core i5 & 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Thank-you for the help! Not sure how this problem escalated while the computer was turned off or why the fix/workaround I used last week doesn't work this week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I may ask .... please put a short video tutorial up that shows the process.  That alone would answer almost every related question that lingers or that will come about.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator Tips & Tricks (November 2017) - YouTube

It was one of the first things they addressed once the CC2018 update was out, its just not working as easy for me as they show in the video. Perhaps its because I was already in the middle of my project when I updated, projects I start in CC2018 seem to be working much smoother...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I HATE FAILED TO CONNECT TO ADOBE DYNAMIC LINK PROJECT ( 86 :: 1 ) ERRORS!!!"

-Fanny TPOT, 2021

After Effects Rating - 0/10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fricking hate this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines