Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replication AgentFilter not found

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I'm trying to replicate page programatically to the particular replication agent as mentioned [1].

[1]:CQ5.3: How to activate to a specific replication agent

When I build the bundle, bundle is in Active state, but I see below error in the log. Please advise if we need add any dependency for this issue.

ERROR:

(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/day/cq/replication/AgentFilter)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/day/cq/replication/AgentFilter

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:2128)

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BaseMethod.getMethod(BaseMethod.java:318)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The AgentFilter class should be part of the com.day.cq.cq-replication bundle, and on my local AEM 6.3 SP1 the system recommends to use this dependency:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.granite</groupId>

<artifactId>com.adobe.granite.replication.core</artifactId>

<version>6.2.26</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Can you check on your instance (using localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder) what dependency is listed for this java package? If your bundle resolves, everything should fine, and there should never be a ClassNotFoundException.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

That article is for AEM 5.x. How did you build your bundle - if using AEM 6.3 for example - did you use UBER 6.3 JAR?

This is a good use case for a HELPX article for use on latest AEM version. We do not have this documented in a community article.

Community Advisor

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I've added below UBER 6.3 jar  dependency in pom.xml

<dependency>

<groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>

<artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>

<version>6.3.0</version>

<classifier>apis</classifier>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Please advise if i need to add any other dependency to use com.day.cq.replication.* classes..

I've tried by adding below dependency but it didn't worked.

<dependency>

<version>5.12.10</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Administrator

Try this community article:- AEM - How to create and implement custom Replication Agent

// The TransportHandler is used to transport the replication to the target and ContentBuilder assembles the data for the replication.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Hi Kautuk,

We are not implementing custom Replication Agent. My requirement is as follows:

We have different environments like dev, qa and prod. We have both author and publisher for each environment. We wanted to use workflow to promote documents from lower environment to higher like dev to qa and qa to prod.

When we use normal publish option it should deploy from author to publish only. but when we use workflow, it deploys from dev author to qa author and qa author to prod author etc..

So to meet this,

On Dev author, I've created replication agents for DEV publish and QA author. I will enable DEV publish agent and disable QA author agent so that when we use publish option, it will deploy documents from dev author to dev publish.

In the workflow process, I will get the QA author agents and deploy the document to QA author only.

This is what my approach.

To meet this, I'm writing custom code and getting issues as mentioned in my previous post.

your quick response would be more helpful.

Regards

Siva

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The AgentFilter class should be part of the com.day.cq.cq-replication bundle, and on my local AEM 6.3 SP1 the system recommends to use this dependency:

<dependency>

<version>6.2.26</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

Can you check on your instance (using localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder) what dependency is listed for this java package? If your bundle resolves, everything should fine, and there should never be a ClassNotFoundException.