• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2018 quit unexpectedly.

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest and greatest this morning.

Now iD crashes on my iMac and my Laptop (Sierra 10.12.6) with quit unexpectedly...

Anybody else with this issue?

Regards

Romano

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Hi all

Adobe just dropped a new update to InDesign 2018 in our inbox.

And yes it is working on HighSierra!

Looks like we can all go back to normal.

Regards

Romano

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 111 Replies 111
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did an un-install and installed again.

Still same thing happening....

Will try to install older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to InDesign CC 2017.

All working OK.

Hello Adobe! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide the following information to help me investigate the issue

• OS
  • System configuration
  • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If Yes, Can you please provide the document?
  • Is the file located on network location? If Yes, Is the issue reproducible if you open the document locally?
  • Does Trashing preference and cache help to resolve the issue?
  • Please provide the log files from your machine? You can get them using log collector tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I have OS 10.12.6, MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM. All I have to do to reproduce the crash in InDesign or Muse CC 2018 is to double click them. I get the splash page then they quit. I've removed all font apps etc, booted in safe mode, and it doesn't help. have also cleaned caches, clean installed, etc. 2017 versions still work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm operating Mac OS 10.12.6. The issue is not related to any specific document. InDesign would abruptly quit when I attempted to save a newly created document, or open any existing documen (I tried many). I work on a local network, but the crash would occur immediately, as soon as I clicked on save, before I navigated to the server. I tried trashing preferences and cache, but it had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my info, hope that helps too.

• System configuration: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009), 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
  • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed? Nothing else was opened. Just clicked on the app to open, and after the message "starting up service registry" it dies. Repeatedly. I could not open ID 2018 yet. ID 2017 is fine.
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If Yes, Can you please provide the document? No, it is not. Just trying to open the app.
  • Is the file located on network location? If Yes, Is the issue reproducible if you open the document locally? Not trying to open any document.
  • Does Trashing preference and cache help to resolve the issue? No.
  • Please provide the log files from your machine? You can get them using log collector tool. Here's the link for my logs:   https://we.tl/IbT89sgjMd  and my last crash report https://pastebin.com/CaMJB90X

I use Font Explorer X 5.5.1 for font management, but I don't use any auto-activation plugin. Font Explorer was closed during ID crash, and just the system fonts were activated. All the font caches were clean.

Thank you very much!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Renata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please take a backup of the cache and preference. Mail me at santalwa@adobe.com.

Please follow the step to clear preference and cache

• InDesign Preference:

Windows: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/

• InDesign Cache:

Windows: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign

After taking the backup of cache and preference, clear the entire InDesign folder. Launch InDesign - It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help! It really worked.

I've just sent you the cache & preferences backup by email, if they can help you in some way.

Best regards,

Renata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this.

No go. I still crash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid the fix of removing the preferences and caches didn't work, the app still crashes straight after the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me the crash log at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing Prefs and Cache did not help. Crash immediately after splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me the crash log at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a crash log to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sanyamt has just conducted a remote session, in which he replaced a font manager plug-in in my InDesign package. It seems to have done the trick — CC 2108 no longer crashes!  Thank you, Sanyamt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully he will tell us all what he did. I tried removing the Suitcase plug-in but I still crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i talked with him this morning, it appears to be an issue with fonts. My InDesign is now working after applying a patch, however you may need to wait for an official update, but it seems they are aware of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator note: Please do not post crash reports here. Post them on pastebin.com and provide a link!]

Hi Romano,

Is it crashing while you try to launch InDesign? Or does it happen while you are executing some workflow within InDesign?

Can you share the crash report with us?

Regards,

Abhinav

(InDesign Engineering Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the crash on my laptop I got a prompt to send a Report to Adobe.

Would you have that?

Any manual way of creating a report for you? Happy to do this.

BTW my second install was clean, so no old preferences should be present.

Crash happens during launch. I get the ID splash screen and the first reports are going through the splash screen...

...then it dies.

Same on both machines.

Romano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romano,

Before Adobe alert, Apple shows an alert saying application has quit unexpectedly. There you will find a 'Show Details' button. If you click on that, you can find the crash report showing crash stacktrace.

Btw, can you share a small screen video showing the crash?

-Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saved the crash report...

How do I attach a txt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can share the report with me at abkaushi@adobe.com

-Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on the laptop done.

Machine is now running High Sierra.

Still the same issue. ID crashes right away.

Illustrator working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines