• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type layers corrupting in Photoshop 2018

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to 2018 two weeks ago and am constantly having to create new type layers in Photoshop doc as the current type layers cease to work and be editable. I haven't found the exact formula for when it stops working but usually I try to change the leading and font size and the palette stops working and when I enter say "28 pt" I get an error message and the value jumps to a small random decimal point. It's driving me nuts and wastes a lot of time. I have to copy the content, start a new type layer and drag any filters to the new layer as I haven't found a way to make the current one functional again.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.47.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.47.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There was a bug introduced with CC2018 that affects the leading entry on type that has been transformed.

Adobe know about it and are working on a fix. In the meantime there is a workaround:

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave. That worked. The value I entered into the properties leading field adjusted the leading but changed the number I entered into a decimal point. I'm guessing it's the legacy % of a previous transformation I did.

I can't believe Adobe knows about this and ignores it. It's been a huge pain since I've updated to 2018 and have had to create many type layers because I didn't know there was a work around.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are not ignoring the problem. They are working on the fix. Hopefully we will not have to wait too long.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant by "ignore" is that they thought it was ok to role out the 2018 app with a core functionality not functioning. I would consider this core functionality for any working with type and image and not being able to modify type attributes would be a big enough issue to not launch the update until the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed 100%. Let me add my very personal impression as a long time user of Adobe products: Adobe is going downhill – fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines