• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"0 B of 1 TB Used"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm a longtime user of Lightroom, I confess to having a fundamental misunderstanding of how Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC, Lightroom Mobile, and Creative Cloud Archive all relate to each other. I really have tried to peruse Adobe's literature, but I'm crying Uncle and asking those wiser than I for a distilled explanation.

To wit, I upgraded to Classic without difficulty. I've set various collections to sync with Mobile, and the images do seem to appear there. However, when I check the usage on Classic OR on the web (Lightroom.adobe.com/library/xxxxx), I get the message "0 B of 1 TB used" even though images ARE visible there.

As an aside, I am rather confused as to the difference between storage in "mobile" and "Creative Cloud Archive". Are these the same, or do the images live in different places?

I am grateful for your help...consider it your good deed for the day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my confusion, the Preferences/Lightroom CC tab shows all 50,000 photo uploads synced. But I'm showing NO space used???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you download images using the new Lightroom CC, you are downloading full-sized images to the cloud. Those full-sized images count against your 1 TB of storage. When you create collections in Lightroom Classic CC and share those collections, those are smart previews. Those smart previews do not count against your 1 TB of storage. So if you are not downloading images directly using the new Lightroom CC, that is why you have all of your cloud storage still available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that is very helpful. Now, is there a way to download (upload?) from Classic CC to the CC storage? I do want to keep everything exactly where it is on my drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nucleon2  wrote

OK, that is very helpful. Now, is there a way to download (upload?) from Classic CC to the CC storage? I do want to keep everything exactly where it is on my drive.

There is not that kind of interaction between Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC. If you want full-sized original images stored in the cloud it is necessary to use the new Lightroom CC to do that. You download them directly using Lightroom CC, and copies are also stored on the local hard drive. I can't give you a lot more detail than that because I have just "imported" my first set of originals into Lightroom CC today. There is no interaction between the images in Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic. You have to remember that the new Lightroom CC is version 1 software that is going to evolve and change dramatically. It's something to experiment with right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in progress on the same thing...

I started to upgrade to Lightroom CC only, but when I attempted to migrate the catalog from LR5, CC wanted 300 G free on my hard drive, which just isn't feasible. I'll see shortly if it wants that again. If so, any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't understand how this whole mess works.

I've switched from the Photography plan ($9.99/mo) to Lighroom CC+1TB plan ($9.99/mo), because the price was the same.

Now I regret the switch, because I, like a lot of other people, am completely confused, and I didn't realise that Lightroom CC is not actually Lighroom CC, but Lightroom-light.

Sadly, I can not switch back. I can now, only select the Photography plan+1TB ($19.99/mo). This whole mess sucks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should call Adobe. I would be surprised if they wouldn't switch you back to the $9.99 normal photography plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about going off topic. I intended to write about how I was confused by the upload/download and sync, and various lightroom versions, and Raw/preview but while writing it, I realised that I was fed up and wanted to switch back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my Classic Preference/CC tab:

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 10.59.30 AM.png

Nothing seems to be happening....the number stays at 41728. Yes, I have a good internet connection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, tried to sync the catalog via Lightroom CC... After grinding away for an hour, I get this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 8.01.12 PM.png

Guess I have to contact customer support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And......it sends me back here! HELP!!!!

Here's the beginning of the log...I expected the missing images, but shouldn't it work around this?

********** ERROR CODE AND COUNT ***********

NON_EXISTING_FOLDER : 10

NON_EXISTING_ASSET : 2554

PROCESSING_ERROR : 1

********** SOURCE FILE PROCESSING DETAILS ***********

storeProviderID : 2D2A9852-6E2B-48EA-97E6-7757A71CC23A

Source DBVersion  : 0700003

Number of absolute folder paths : 1

Number of relative paths : 2354

Number of Valid folders : 153

Number of invalid folders : 1

Size of Valid Assets : 265277650582

Number of assets : 39922

Number of assets owned by sources. : 39922

Number of missing assets due to missing files : 2468

Number of missing assets due to missing folders : 86

Number of missing assets  : 2554

Number of virtual copies : 10

Number of skipped virtual copies : 0

( Details of ErrorCode: NON_EXISTING_FOLDER , Count :10 )

Missing folders referenced

/Users/Sam/Pictures/1969

/Users/Sam/Pictures/1969/1969-12-31

/Users/Sam/Pictures/Free iTube Thumbnail

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/CAMP

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/CAMP/Alex

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/Capture One Library

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/Capture One Library/2010-01-30 14.19.07

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/Capture One Library/2010-02-14 22.10.44

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/Capture One Library/Output

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/saved photos 2

( Details of ErrorCode: NON_EXISTING_ASSET , Count :2554 )

Missing asset/s referenced

/Users/Sam/Pictures/My Pictures/alexL6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I don't understand why you are trying to synchronize your entire catalog right now. Lightroom CC isn't ready for prime time yet, in my opinion. I have imported or downloaded one set of images and am experimenting with that set to see how things work. My main program of choice is Lightroom Classic CC, and probably will be for quite some time to come. However, the choice is yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to use CC as a full-fidelity backup as well as portable viewing solution. I do still want to do the editing in Classic CC, though. It sounds like we indeed a touch early, as you pointed out there is no direct way to upload the full RAW's from Classic to the CC cloud.  But I'm committed now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need everything in Lightroom CC. I would just as soon choose what goes there from Lightroom Classic and share it through collections and not worry about using the space. The Smart previews show plenty good enough, and the adjustments that I make, if any, are coordinated. Maybe as Lightroom CC develops my outlook will change. But as it is right now I really don't see much benefit in putting everything in the cloud. I have a good backup system as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NON_EXISTING_FOLDER : 10

NON_EXISTING_ASSET : 2554

This implies that somehow Lightroom CC lost track of your original images. You either moved them before they were copied to its local folder or removed the folder that Lightroom CC uploads from to the cloud before it was finished uploading all images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed move some...bad move! But doesn't optimizing the catalog and resynching the folders fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Optimizing does nothing for this. You would need to reconnect the folders (not synchronize!!!!!!!) in Lightroom classic so you have no missing images anymore. Then (and only then) migrate the catalog to Lightroom CC.

Sent from my ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...fixed up all the files...Classic CC works fine. But I'm still getting this migration error:

********** ERROR CODE AND COUNT ***********

PROCESSING_ERROR : 1

********** SOURCE FILE PROCESSING DETAILS ***********

storeProviderID : 2D2A9852-6E2B-48EA-97E6-7757A71CC23A

Source DBVersion  : 0700003

Number of absolute folder paths : 1

Number of relative paths : 2329

Number of Valid folders : 129

Number of invalid folders : 0

Size of Valid Assets : 265277650582

Number of assets : 37368

Number of assets owned by sources. : 37368

Number of missing assets due to missing files : 0

Number of missing assets due to missing folders : 0

Number of missing assets  : 0

Number of virtual copies : 10

Number of skipped virtual copies : 0

( ErrorCode: PROCESSING_ERROR )

Error occurred during [

Asset_stage_images_pass : bad argument #1 to 'stringByAppendingPathComponent' (string expected, got table)  ].  Error Info : ^2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Never seen that before. Are you using any special characters in the file path to your images? Any special characters (accents, slashes, symbols etc) in the name of the disk or folders they are in? The error message seems to imply some problem with the path name to your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No special characters that I know of...will double check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...redid the catalog and tried the migration again. No problems... EXCEPT... Lightroom CC wants almost 400 G of freespace on the disk to do the migration... Which I cannot make happen without serious changes. Is there any way around this? I simply want to use CC to store full RAW images as a back up, and to be able to access and edit remotely on occasion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no easy way around this. You can use a larger disk as temporary storage or you can migrate in chunks by exporting sub catalogs from Lightroom Classic and migrating those one by one, every time waiting until all images are uploaded to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Please indulge a few more newbie questions....I promise I'm not that dense...I'm a physician with an engineering background, and I still find Adobe's documentation quite cryptic.

First...When I created the newer catalog from the images in the folders section (/Sam/Pictures), do all corrections made previously propagate to the newer catalog?

Second...can I create "sub" catalogs to the catalog containing all pics?

Third...Can the migration be set to leave the photos on the hard disk exactly where they are? In other words copy the images to the CC but not move them.

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines