• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Transforms Background As Well

Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following along on the Character Animator New Features Part 1 video with my own puppet. I dragged the Position X Transform into the Control Panel, but when I push the slider, unlike the puppet in the demo, my background moves with my puppet. I'm guessing I have my background incorrectly placed in relation to my puppet, but I'm not clear how. I don't see the background listed anywhere in the demo's array. Any ideas anyone?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Replied on YouTube as well, but backgrounds are usually different puppets added into your scene. https://youtu.be/thDlCEuLzuY?t=11m43s​

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replied on YouTube as well, but backgrounds are usually different puppets added into your scene. https://youtu.be/thDlCEuLzuY?t=11m43s​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I understand it is if the background is part of the puppet file (e.g., psd) then it has to be in its own group. In this case the overall psd transform behavior is deleted, and the puppet group and the background group each have their own transform behavior.

I find it easier to not do it this way. Instead I import the background into CH as a png, and then drag that into the scene behind the puppet. Then each automatically have their own transform behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but what if I'd like to use triggers to change the background. For example, in the Beta version, I had a puppet singing a song and, at key moments, I would hit keyboard-mapped triggers and graffiti of the lyrics would appear on the wall behind the puppet. I know I could export the recording as a PNG series with no background and then cut the different backgrounds in in Premiere, but is there a way to do this here?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting idea.

I'm going to try it by putting several backgrounds in my puppet psd. The backgrounds will be in their own group, and then be triggered individually. Seems like that should work. I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it worked fine in beta, but I wasn't moving my puppet around. This is really just a crude first pass, but you'll get the idea. It takes a while before any of the background changes happen.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a quicky with three backgrounds. I like the idea and will work some more on it tomorrow

BGTest.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you animate the foreground while cycling the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems easier to do it separately. I prefer doing the background first, and then animating the characters in the foreground to put them where is best against the background. But it can also be done the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are amazing. I wish to learn how to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If  you mean animate the  background and foreground independently, you need to have them in separate groups. Then you can add behaviors to each that do not affect the other. Here is an example:

Rig_001.png

The BG group has its own transform, cycle layers and walk behaviors. The Ostrich group has its own walk and transform behaviors, and also the nutcracker jaw. I used the walk behavior on the background to make it crawl.

BG_cycle_001.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines