• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I reactivate my old photoshop program to new laptop?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can reactivate my store bought photoshop program to my new laptop? The program succesfully transferred over to my new laptop, however, I cant open it until its reactivated. I have the serial number, activation number, and activation type. I've tried contacting the adobe customer care but they said since its an older program theres no one to assist me or they dont know how to reactivate it. Am I stuck purchasing a whole new photshop program/subscription?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

You deactivate (Under Photoshop's Help menu) on the old computer then reinstall from your discs using your serial number. As soon as the program is launched, you should see a popup to activate if it has not done so automatically. You do not need an activation number or type. I know, I've installed versions going all the way back to 1998.

What version is it? CS6? Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You deactivate (Under Photoshop's Help menu) on the old computer then reinstall from your discs using your serial number. As soon as the program is launched, you should see a popup to activate if it has not done so automatically. You do not need an activation number or type. I know, I've installed versions going all the way back to 1998.

What version is it? CS6? Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines