• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing Lightroom Classic File Path in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In old Lightroom, I organized everything by file path with a few token collections when I was testing the then-limited online sync. I love the new capabilities of Lightroom CC, but when I migrated as far as I can it lost all remnants of my organizational system, since file paths and folders no longer exist.

Does anyone have an idea of the path for me to fix this? My best guess is that I would need to go back to classic, create collections for everything, and then re-migrate, which sounds painful..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Just copy and rename the old catalog and open that in Lightroom Classic. In there, do the drag to collections trick and quit out of Classic. Now it should allow you to migrate from the copied and edited catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit the nail on the head. The sequence of steps you list is indeed the only way to fix it. You have to do it before migrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this doesn't work. You can only migrate a catalog once, even if you restore the old catalog. Can anyone from Adobe help here? Is there any way I can recover my old file paths? There's no way that I can manually organize 32,000 photos, so if this doesn't work I just cannot use the new Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just copy and rename the old catalog and open that in Lightroom Classic. In there, do the drag to collections trick and quit out of Classic. Now it should allow you to migrate from the copied and edited catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines