• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open any file in Photoshop!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when I try to open a file in Photoshop: Could not synchronize the color settings because the color settings file could not be found.

After I press OK and that's it. I can't open any file. Tried all possible ways. Just nothing happens

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.20.43 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you access the cooler settings from the Edit menu?

I'm sure you've done this, but worth a double check.

Quit Ps, hold in Mac: Command, Option, Shift while starting up Photoshop.

Keep the keys in till you get the dialog.

A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.

Choose Yes.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it. Will do it again now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. now it opens files from the top menu in ps: file - open

but if you drag and drop, or try to open file straight from finder, or right click - open with - nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, progress.

Let's try repair the disk permissions on your drive.

Can you run First Aid on your hard drive.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Then choose First Aid.

Click OK.

Tes tao see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Same window appeared when started Ps Could not synchronize the color settings because the color settings file could not be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have a problem. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. It didn't work. Still won't open any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I've deleted the .psp file and I'm using Photoshop CC 2018 which was recently updated to version 19.0.1.

I can't open anything, and when I try to create a new file, the tools doesn't respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this exact same issue, same version of PS. Nothing suggested so far fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What finally worked for me was to uninstall any of the PS versions on my computer. Then I re-downloaded it. Now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried reinstalling (and deleting all my preferences) but it's exactly the same.

I've noticed while I can't open any file by dragging it in or double clicking, I can go File > open and it does open files and seems to work as normal.

I've also noticed that the Creative Cloud app seems to think PS is not installed on my machine - it has a blue 'install' button next to it. If I click it it seems to start downloading then... nothing... then goes back to the blue install button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW I was having the same problems mentioned in several comments above. Even that of CC not acknowledging that I even had all the apps on my computer. So I did what I used to always do as my first precautionary measure…I zapped my PRAM. After doing so the computer finished booting and CC was then telling my PS needed to be updated (all other apps were normal). I updated. Then I double-clicked on my file, held my breath…and the file opened. Error seems to be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines