• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost curves after Photoshop CC 2018 upgrade

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just took the Photoshop CC 2018 upgrade, all my custom curves have gone.  Please help!  How do I get them back??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi redwoodphotos,

Please reinstall the Photoshop CC 2017 via creative cloud desktop app and check if you see you all the custom presets.

Refer the screenshot for your references: http://prntscr.com/h1axp3

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. I've done what was suggested and re-installed Photoshop CC 2017 which has worked but it doesn't solve the issue as to why the custom curves don't work with the CC 2018 update. Surely we're not expected to continue having to use an older version to use custom curves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Have you tried loading them from the previous location?

Or (better) copying them from the CC2017 location to the CC2018 location then loading them

On Windows 10 the previous location is c:>Users>username>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CC2017 > Presets >Curves

the new location is c:>Users>username>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CC2018 > Presets >Curves

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've tried that but the preset doesn't show up in the window. It's as if curves created in CC 2017 are not compatible with CC 2018. I've had to re-install CC 2017 to use the curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm puzzled. I have both CC2018 and CC2017 installed here so to test this :

1. I  saved a curve in CC2017 (Test RGB).

2. I used Windows explorer to copy the curve from C:>Users>username>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CC2017 > Presets >Curves to C:>Users>username>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CC2018 > Presets >Curves

3. I opened CC2018 went to curves and the curve was in the dropdown list

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Well I was in the middle of gathering screen shots to show how it's not working on my Mac when Photoshop crashed and I had to restart it. Low and behold the curve now shows up in the list!

I'm pretty sure I restarted Photoshop after installing the curve, maybe I didn't after all.

Cheers Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - glad it's working for you now

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've tried that but the preset doesn't show up in the window. It's as if curves created in CC 2017 are not compatible with CC 2018. I've had to re-install CC 2017 to use the curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines