• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting Photoshop Filters

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am new to the Adobe forms and i got a wired bug (the first one that i ever had that was so annoying to me). At the moment i am retouching some portraits and i wanted to get rid of the dirt at the background so i tried to do this on my main workflow. I copied the background layer (as backup) and wanted to use the

Filter > Surface blur.

But i instantly saw there is something wrong. The preview window and the layers showed me an empty layer instantly when i started the surface blur. So i tried to blure the Background layer it-self. There was no glitch available. As well i had some problems with the Camera Raw Editor/Filter and Highpass Filter.

bug.jpg

The system i use is...

Software:

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Hardware:

Macbook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2014)

CPU:

Intel Core i7 2,5 GHz

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

RAM:

16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram

I already tried to figure out what i did wrong or is the problem on my Hardware/Software.

I thought there is a Installation problem so i tried following

- Reinstallation of Photoshop (didnt helped)

- reset of photoshop standards (didnt helped)

Google showed me some troubleshooting posts of the adobe forms that i tried:

- deactivating the gpu in the photoshop preferences (didnt helped or changed anything)

- changing to the better gpu in the MAC system preferences - maybe its a problem with the Intel Iris Pro (didnt helped or changed anything)

Maybe a reinstallation didnt helped because of some hidden files or a virus

- i reinstalled the whole Mac OS X system - formated the harddrive (didnt helped)

Cuda driver or Updates to the Mac OS X

- i updated to the newest version of the Mac OS Sierra (didnt helped)

- Cuda Driver update (didnt helped)

I hope anyone can help me to solve this problem or tell me if anyone had the same problem and experiences with that.

Would be awesome

best regards Montreyyy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Yes - there appears to be an issue for some users of Surface Blur (a common theme appears to be on Macs) see this thread:

Re: Surface Blur Filter broken in PS CC 2018?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stuff simply seems to be buggy in the initial CC 2018 release. Roll back to CC 2017.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - there appears to be an issue for some users of Surface Blur (a common theme appears to be on Macs) see this thread:

Re: Surface Blur Filter broken in PS CC 2018?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks alot !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines