• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the artboard background color in Adobe illustrator CS6 using Document Setup option to black, but I can't see anything I write or I draw. Please advise me on how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CS6 on Windows 10 could be your problem. Recent updates to Windows 10 have made pre-CC versions of Illustrator inoperable. A further update seemed to fix the problem but apparently it did not last. Could you please show a screenshot of the problem that you're having to confirm whether this is the cause of your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Please see the above images about all the steps I did to get the black color background.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any option to change the background colour within Document setup;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

charlesd8830180  wrote

I'm not seeing any option to change the background colour within Document setup;

charles: you change the grid colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tick the "Simulate Colored Paper" option and click the white color box above to open more colors options. Select any color you want and click "Okay". This will change the artboard color. That's what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't see things that aren't black either?

what if you hide the transparency grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

147creator  schrieb

I tried to change the artboard background color in Adobe illustrator CS6 using Document Setup option to black, but I can't see anything I write or I draw. Please advise me on how to fix this issue?

That is not a background color, but a paper simulation.

If you want a black bakcground, you will need to draw a rectangle and fill it with black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggested method as well, but when I tried to save the image, it was with white background again. How to fix this problem? Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been assuming that changing the artboard color makes it part of the artwork that you're creating. It isn't. As Monica said if you want a black background then you will have to create a black shape behind your live Illustrator art. If everything is working correctly in your file then that black background that you've created will be part of your finished art. If you are trying to make the artboard be your black background then it is correct that it is not showing up in your finished art.

Just to follow up on my earlier response about CS6 and Windows 10. Are you having any problems seeing the content of your panels in the program? I ask because I tried doing what you're trying to do with CC 2017 and it works correctly. We just need to be certain that your program is operating correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not notice anything unusual.

CC is much more advanced software than CS6. I think I have missed some step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you should do then is to change the artboard color back to what it was originally. There is no need, as I said before, to have it as black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, how will I create anything with a black background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the first four sentences of my comment #13. It explains exactly what you need to do. The artboard is not part of an Illustrator drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all.

The only missing step was to tick "Use Artboards" option, which I just discovered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should still be able to see stuff you draw though. as long as it's not black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move whatever I draw or write outside the artboard, I can see it. I can change the color as well. Any idea what is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines