• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in API broken in Lightroom Classic CC in many languages

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of my customers using the LrControl  plug-in report that it does not work with Lightroom Classic CC. I found that the problem is related to the selected interface language.

If you have English, German or Swedish as your language, Lightroom Classic CC works.

If you have any other language selected, like French or Spanish for example, Lightroom Classic CC does not respond to most commands to change develop parameter values.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Boudewijn,

Have you filed a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom ? Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum.   The more you can narrow down the bug, the more likely Adobe will be to fix it. Ideally, provide a very short Lua script that can be run via the LR Scripts menu (the shorter the better), and include a description of the popularity of your plugin (external references

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Boudewijn for this thread,

Hopefully Adobe fixes this bug quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boudewijn,

Have you filed a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom ? Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum.   The more you can narrow down the bug, the more likely Adobe will be to fix it. Ideally, provide a very short Lua script that can be run via the LR Scripts menu (the shorter the better), and include a description of the popularity of your plugin (external references would help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remembered a previous conversation with another developer in the LR SDK forum that immediately pointed to where the problem lies.   See details I posted to the bug report: Lightroom SDK: LrDevelopController broken in languages other than English, German, Swedish | Photosh...That post also contains a workaround. 

Please add details about your plugin and why it's important to get it fixed for your users.  Adobe generally doesn't pay much attention to SDK bugs unless they judge a large number of users are affected.

Please continue discussion in the bug report. Also, in the future, the LR SDK forum is the better place to post about such issues (and look for solutions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Boudewijn for this!, I use Lightroom in Spanish language, and I have problems.

It is a sadness that adobe is launching programs without testing, not even launch applications in BETA versions, to alert users. On top we pay a membership which lately is giving us great headaches and fear every time a new update comes out.

And it´s a embarrassment that adobe  haven´t a good communication with the thirds programmers.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you add your me-too vote to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom SDK: LrDevelopController broken in languages other than English, German, Swedish | Photosh... Adobe product developers don't actively participate in this forum, but they do in the feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines