• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help test new beginner Lightroom CC tutorials!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is creating a new series of Getting Started Series tutorials for Lightroom CC. In order to give users a smooth experience with these tutorials after they're rolled out, we want to test the tutorials with as many people as possible.

We are therefore looking for volunteers willing to take one or two tutorials, each of them made up of 3-5 videos, and to answer a short survey about them. (In past tests for other apps, we've sent prospective testers all 10 tutorials, but this time we're just going to send each person just two.)

Who? Although everyone is welcome to chip in, we are especially interested in testers who fit this profile:

• Has never used Lightroom or Lightroom CC before
  • Motivated to learn
  • (optional; no more than 5-10 testers per product) Willing to meet with us in-person for detailed feedback

Timeframe? Nov 10 to Nov 22, 2017

How? If you would like to participate, respond to this thread saying you're interested and whether you're a beginner, and intermediate user, or an advanced user with Lightroom CC. We'll follow up with you via e-mail.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to participate, but the next 2 weeks I am quite busy. Is it possible to do it after the next weeks? I have edited about 5 images using Lightroom CC, so I consider myself a beginner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for your interest and for asking this question! Since we're planning to put the videos online pretty soon, we would need feedback before that Nov 23 date. What I can do is send you just the first tutorial, and if you have time to go through it, that's great; if you don't have time, then no worries!

Hope that's OK. I'll e-mail you later this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would enjoy giving it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested. I'm an intermediate Lightroom classic user, but a beginner Lightroom CC user.  It boggles my mind and it's difficult to find the information I desire on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs99833906  wrote

I'm interested. I'm an intermediate Lightroom classic user, but a beginner Lightroom CC Tuser.  It boggles my mind and it's difficult to find the information I desire on it!

Take the Linda.com course.  Best case is you have access through work or you library.  If not you can buy a month of time and access to ALL the courses there for $25.   The "trick" is to sign up with a credit card, wait 24 hours and cancel your renewing subscription.   You get a note saying it will continue for the 30 days you've paid for and stop.

Frankly, if you want to learn about anything Adobe produces, Lynda.com (now owned by Linkedin which is owned by Microsoft) there will be a quality course.  Even Julieanne Kost uses Lynda.com's system to produce training. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ale-to  wrote

Adobe is creating a new series of Getting Started Series tutorials for Lightroom CC. In order to give users a smooth experience with these tutorials after they're rolled out, we want to test the tutorials with as many people as possible.

How will they differ from the existing beginner tutorials on the Adobe website?

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Adobe Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I was offered three to try and they are good.

They were done in the Lynda.com style of video tutorials.  Jan Kabili is the instructor.  I enjoy her teaching method and skills.  A few years ago she taught me Photoshop Elements via Lynda.com.  I've also seen her on Creative Live during "Photoshop Week".

With in days of the (new-cloud) Lightroom CC release I went looking for "training".  My local library provides Lynda.com access so I included it in my search.  Jan had already completed a course so I took it.  It worked well for me.

This link should take you there:  Lightroom CC First Look

It was/is not clear why Jan is doing a different one for Adobe than what she has already completed for Lynda. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested.  I'm a beginner with Lightroom CC.  I've edited many photos, and just started the classroom in a book.  Would be happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be willing to take up those tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

santoshn12430047  wrote

I might be willing to take up those tutorials.

You've replied to an old topic.  The tutorial system is beyond the "test" phase.  

The current version of Lightroom Classic has a Tutorials link in the Help menu.  If you don't yet have Lightroom Classic, it will take you here:  Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic CC

Linda.com continues to be a good source for video tutorials organizes as classes with a series of lessons.  It is subscription based, has a free trial and can be accessed through many public libraries. 

Two of the best learning resources are Laura Shoe (https://laurashoe.com) and Victoria Brampton (https://www.lightroomqueen.com/ )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I get it.

Could you maybe post these tutorials to some community forum ranking list so that we have better understanding of which one is better.

Maybe try this one. https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-adobe-lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Could you maybe post these tutorials to some community forum ranking list"

That might not be humanly possible.  There are too many.  A person would have to take all the courses and watch all the tutorials.  Then prices ranging from free to expensive come in to play. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines