• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hate how this Lightroom CC was rolled out without any real explanation on how this all works, for the record. My question right now is about syncing. I've migrated my Lightroom Classic Catalog to CC, and on my desktop it shows in CC that my original image is stored in the cloud. This is also represented by the fact that 350 GB of space are now taken up in the cloud. However, when I use CC on my laptop, it shows those same images as only being saved as smart previews. Why is this? Also, when I first opened this new program, both my jpg and raw files were being shown, which is really annoying and I don't know how to eliminate that from happening. Finally, is there a way to eliminate duplicate files, or will Lightroom identify these automatically? I feel like my catalog/cloud organization is now a hot mess, and it's really aggravating

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, all the files on my laptop say that they were synced from Lightroom Classic [I assume from a large colletion I had made months ago that let most of my files be available on my mobile device]. How do I find my actual files that are stored in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that much storage space used, if you click on the information icon in the lower right-hand corner of the Lightroom CC screen it should indicate that those images are backed up in the cloud as well.

Capture.JPG

It should indicate this for each file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that. It does not indicate that though. That is my problem. The files do not show as synced to the cloud anywhere but on my desktop. Everywhere else, although it says my sync is complete, all it shows are the files that were in my Lightroom classic collection that are synced as smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you go to the Lightroom CC preferences, does it actually say that you have used 350 GB of your storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. When I first opened the updated Lightroom CC on my laptop, it appeared all my files were synced and I was excited and confused. I later realized that it was actually just my collection that was synced, which was just smart previews of a lot of my photos. I then migrated my lightroom classic catalog over on my desktop, as well as added all of my photos to Lightroom CC on my desktop [probably overkill, but they made these changes without preparing us, so I guessed lol]. Right now it says that syncing is complete on my desktop and syncing is complete on my laptop, but my laptop has only synced the same smart previews from my collection, whereas my desktop indicates that all of my original files are stored on the cloud. Both computers indicate the same amount of data stored in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not put my entire catalog into the new Lightroom CC. Hopefully Jao will see this thread and offer suggestions. Did you migrate your catalog from Lightroom CC, or did you do it from Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sorry, I don't have any answers for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have an answer for you, but you will have to be the one to confirm it because I am only using the two programs on a single computer so far. And that isn't the way they are designed to be used. But on your main computer, you have the master images on the hard drive. That catalog was sent to Lightroom CC. Those master images are not on the laptop, so I believe what you are seeing on the laptop are smart previews until you check that little button at the bottom of the info section indicating that you want to store the image locally. When you do that, that image will be downloaded to the laptop and then that image will be shown as backed up to the cloud. Give it a try and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jookboks  wrote

Yes. When I first opened the updated Lightroom CC on my laptop, it appeared all my files were synced and I was excited and confused. I later realized that it was actually just my collection that was synced, which was just smart previews of a lot of my photos. I then migrated my lightroom classic catalog over on my desktop, as well as added all of my photos to Lightroom CC on my desktop [probably overkill, but they made these changes without preparing us, so I guessed lol]. Right now it says that syncing is complete on my desktop and syncing is complete on my laptop, but my laptop has only synced the same smart previews from my collection, whereas my desktop indicates that all of my original files are stored on the cloud. Both computers indicate the same amount of data stored in the cloud.

Check whether your desktop and laptop are actually logged on to the same creative cloud account. It sounds like on your laptop you are seeing leftovers from an older sync from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you showed up. As you can tell, I'm just grabbing at straws. I don't know what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I don't know a lot more. That said, to jookboks, when you click on the at the right bottom does it look like this:

raw on cloud.jpeg

or this:

only smart.jpeg

or completely different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines