• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I report a bug?

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I report a bug for InDesign and make sure I get a reply? When I go to contact Adobe, none of the options are for InDesign, and there's a pretty terrible bug regarding the way it's exporting lists.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the help menu, but you won’t reply unless they need more specific info and you include your contact information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It was an issue I had posted ages ago and no one had any replies so I wanted to bring it to Adobe; I did get in contact, only to find out there's nothing they can do about it and it's an "expected issue." Because it totally makes sense for Adobe to make products that don't work the way they're supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be interesting to know what you're talking about, as Bob suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign exports lists to reflowable epubs wrong. If it's a simple list it might be fine, but when it comes to lists with more than one level it will throw numbers all over the place (6 coming after 9) and incorrectly numbering. I managed to talk to an Adobe representative and the ultimate result was that they can't fix it and it needed to be a suggestion for a later edition of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably this is using CC2015/2017/2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We tried it on both InDesign CC 2017 and with InDesign CC  2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that even writing HTML by hand can be a bit daunting for that kind of list. Have you considered cracking the EPUB open and doing it by hand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; that's what I'm trying to avoid doing in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t blame you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that out of the way, perhaps you’d like to give us some real details in a new post.

Include version of InDesign, operating system and full details of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines