Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Premiere Sequence Settings for PNG Sequence and WAV

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I've exported a PNG sequence from CA and now want to edit it and build backgrounds in Premiere. Most of my background elements will be JPGs and other PNGs and my character was created at 1920 X 1080, 24 fps. I would like to maintain this size and frame rate. What would be my best sequence settings in Premiere? Does it matter?

Funner and funner,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

You need to add a custom preset. Choose QuickTime, PNG 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice it defaults to Arri Cinema for the Editing Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best thing to do is to import the PNGs as a Sequence int Premiere Pro (making sure it's imported at 24 FPS). Create any sequence with any settings. When you drag your PNG sequence into the Premiere Pro sequence you have created you will be notified that the clip does not match the Sequence settings. At this point you can choose to change the Sequence settings to exactly match the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, OK, sure, but there is no PNG codec so what is the best choice for the Editing Mode portion of the Sequence Settings? I guess that's my question.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a QuickTime PNG codec if you want to keep it PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theangietaylor  wrote

There is a QuickTime PNG codec if you want to keep it PNG

Within Sequence/Sequence Settings/Editing Mode? I don't see it. Where do I go for this?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add a custom preset. Choose QuickTime, PNG 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, sorry that took me so long to get. I don't go into Sequence Settings in Premiere very often and didn't spot that Codec was under the Video Previews part of the window. I thought PNG would be in the Editing Mode pulldown. I've got it now.

Thank you for your patience Angie.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, happy to help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines