• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not an object error

Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this code, a checkmark appears when each button is clicked. When all 3 buttons are clicked I want the continue arrow to appear. It is on stage, but invisible. I get an error "TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'this.continueArrow.visible = true')".

this.atmosphere_but.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame208.bind(this));  var checks = 0;  function checkChecks() {      //alert(checks);      if (checks >=3) {            this.continueArrow.visible = true;        } }  function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame208() {      this.gotoAndStop(208);      this.check1.visible = true;      checks = checks+1;      checkChecks();       }   this.crust_but.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame209.bind(this));  function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame209() {      this.gotoAndStop(209);      this.check2.visible = true;      checks = checks+1;      checkChecks(); }   this.mantle_but.addEventListener("click", fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame210.bind(this));  function fl_ClickToGoToAndStopFromFrame210() {      this.gotoAndStop(210);      this.check3.visible = true;      checks = checks+1;      checkChecks(); }  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

"this" isn't defined in checkChecks().

ie, pass a reference from your other functions where it is defined or define a variable that can be used in checkChecks.  the former:

function checkChecks(this_var){

//now use "this_var" instead of "this"

}

function yourotherfunctions(){

checkChecks(this);

}

////////////////////////

the later:

var this_var=this;

function checkChecks(){

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"this" isn't defined in checkChecks().

ie, pass a reference from your other functions where it is defined or define a variable that can be used in checkChecks.  the former:

function checkChecks(this_var){

}

function yourotherfunctions(){

checkChecks(this);

}

////////////////////////

the later:

var this_var=this;

function checkChecks(){

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked perfectly. thanks kglad! I'd have never figure that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. use console.log to debug and a browser with a developer option so you can see that output.  or just use alert() with any browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i was using the Javscript Console in Safari, which is where it gave me that error. I use a lot of alerts too.

I'm trying to redo a bunch of flash modules that were done years ago before the plugin is completely kaput. Just getting my fee wet with the first one, but have it mostly converted to html5 canvas. thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines