• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line with straight base

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I've done some works in illustrator, but never create something from scratch.

I need to create a line like the image below but I don't know how. can someone help me with this?

Illustrator.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

If it is the shape that you are after and it does not need to be a stroke, you can use a rectangle and use the Shear Tool (found below the Scale Tool).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marco,

You may make the line longer than needed and then:

A) Object>Path>Outline Stroke, then create a rectangle with a top and bottom that corresponds to the desired cutoffs (or just two vertical lines there), then Object>Path>Divide Objects Below (for each separate line), then just delete the unwanted top and bottom to have the desired shape;

Or:

B) Object>Path>Outline Stroke, then create a rectangle with a top and bottom that corresponds to the desired cutoffs, then select everything and Pathfinder>Intersect;

Or:

C) Just keep the line with a stroke (or outline it) then create a rectangle with a top and bottom that corresponds to the desired cutoffs, then select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+7 to create a Clipping Mask.

C) is reversible, and you may Direct Select the line and move it about.

In any case, you can also start with the rectangle, then make the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the shape that you are after and it does not need to be a stroke, you can use a rectangle and use the Shear Tool (found below the Scale Tool).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for yur help

I've tried both and worked fine.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Marco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines