Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text turning into squares

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I’m a newbie with this software,

ive downloaded this look book file which is compatible with in design.

its working fine excep when I go to edit the default text its instantly all turning into Grey square lines through the paragraph.

i have tried changing the font to many different styles Incase the font was missing text ( arial / comic sans )

any suggestions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of what it looks like? Also please include what version of InDesign and what OS you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On second thought. If you magnify your screen view can you then see the type? If that is the case then go into the Display Performance section of InDesign's preferences and make "Greek Type Below:" say 0 pt. See screen shot:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 3.42.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign has a steep learning curve, I suggest you take some lessons. The online video tutorials from Lynda.com are very good (you can get a 30-day free trial).

Also the QuickStart Guides and the Classroom in a Book books are excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines