• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost color labels when importing from catalog

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a recent trip, I worked with my location catalog and marked groups of pictures I'd handled with a color label.  Upon returning, I upgraded LR (on my laptop as well as my desktop) too the new "classic" version.  I successfully imported the location catalog, but my color labels are missing.  The grouping, edits, etc. seem to be OK.

Can anyone explain this or help with this?  Is there something I should do BEFORE importing to prevent this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Greetings,

This old thread may give you the answer for which you are searching: Lr5 lost/did not import my color labels

I suspect you may need to move the Color Label Set you've created from your Laptop to your Desktop, make that Label Set active on the desktop and the labels will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This old thread may give you the answer for which you are searching: Lr5 lost/did not import my color labels

I suspect you may need to move the Color Label Set you've created from your Laptop to your Desktop, make that Label Set active on the desktop and the labels will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  Yes, the text for the color on the laptop as well as the name of the saved color set were different. 

The previous answer helped since I can use LR's action (marking the labels white) to find what I need.

IN THE FUTURE, if I have the same label text on the laptop and on the desktop, will I avoid this problem?   Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines