• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pseudo Stylesheet Question

Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm managing a group of subpages on a company CMS.  To achieve what I need to, I'm using html within a rich text module styled on-page.  In a perfect world, I'd make it an external stylesheet for one and done changes.  Of course, the CMS doesn't support this.

So... Is there a way in DW to have a pseudo external stylesheet where I can make changes and it appears on each page for when I copy & paste the code into the component?  Snippets is close, but  I would still need to make the changes on one of the pages, copy it to my snippet, then remove the current style section and replace with the snippet.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

I just tested this...

DW CC 2015 - Design-time CSS is missing where has it gone?

...in CC2018, and the css affects the Design View, though I did have to use the OS path (C:\path\to\file.css) of the .css file to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any way to modify the DOM on the fly ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dw used to include a feature called, 'design time style sheets', which would have done what you wish. Unfortunatly this feature was removed a number of years ago, (i think it was in Dw2014).

You could try dropping back to Dw CS6, as i know that version did include the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  DW CS6 supported Design Time stylesheets.  They were removed in 2015 for reasons I will never understand.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this...

DW CC 2015 - Design-time CSS is missing where has it gone?

...in CC2018, and the css affects the Design View, though I did have to use the OS path (C:\path\to\file.css) of the .css file to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to get into a discussion about this, but Prerans reply in the thread Jon linked to, does make sense in the context that Dw is for 'designers who wish to code'.

Such a feature as design time style sheets, is aimed more at developers than designers who wish to code.

Unfortunatly it does for me confirm that Dw is no longer for serious development work, which even though regrettable, is now something that cannot be changed, as that roadmap is now too far advanced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines