Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 10 Duplicating Layers

Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Are you able to duplicate multiple layers on a canvas AND THEN reposition them to fit onto the canvas? I don't want to RESIZE the layers, just fit the most that I can onto a 12x12 canvas. I am cutting out shapes on my Cricut, and want to sqeeze as many of the shapes onto the canvas size to be able to use the most of the paper sheet that I can. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

monicab82802545  wrote

Hi! Are you able to duplicate multiple layers on a canvas AND THEN reposition them to fit onto the canvas? I don't want to RESIZE the layers, just fit the most that I can onto a 12x12 canvas. I am cutting out shapes on my Cricut, and want to sqeeze as many of the shapes onto the canvas size to be able to use the most of the paper sheet that I can. Thanks!

Try the following:

1. Go to File>new>blank file. Enter H-12", W=12", resolution 240px/in, Background: White  This will be you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

monicab82802545  wrote

Try the following:

1. Go to File>new>blank file. Enter H-12", W=12", resolution 240px/in, Background: White  This will be your canvas
  2. Use one of the selection tools to select object A . You should see an outline surrounding the object ("marching ants"), indicating that the selection is active
  3. Go to Edit>copy
  4. Go back to the canvas, then Edit>paste. A will come in on a separate layer
  5. Activate the move tool, and position A
  6. Repeat steps 2-5 for objects B, C, D, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know how do duplicate, just wasn't sure if there was an easier way to duplicate AND arrange 100+ little shapes (in this case leafy branches) to be able to fit to a 12x12 sheet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines