• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upload large number of DSLR photos to Cloud Storage

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife is an Underwater Photographer with over 35,000 images, shot with a Canon 5d Mark II. Average file size is 21 megs.

She has been using Lightroom for many years now, and the cloud storage would mean backup protection would be much simpler....But I don't know what Adobe is thinking with this offer of the cloud storage system for pro photographers, with zero discussion of how to move the raw image files to the Adobe cloud. Sandra must be one of a majority of pro photographers that would find traditional uploading from their computer, to the cloud, to be completely ridiculous....even with the fastest systems I have seen for cloud storage uploading in the past, it would take most systems over 6 months of 24/7 uploading, to get her entire raw image library uploaded...The ONLY intelligent solution for pro photographers, would be to have them be allowed to ship portable hard drive containing the image files, to Adobe, have them uploaded on site, then the drives returned. I see NOTHING about any part of this, which is really kind of mind blowing. What is Adobe thinking, and does anyone have a solution for using this cloud based Lightroom platform?

Thanks,

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Bandwidth is going to remain a problem for most for a long time. I can't see Adobe doing a hard disk service ever but that would solve the problem. That said, Lightroom CC misses basically every feature that many Pros need  such as printing, hierarchical keywords, export to anything else than jpeg, camera profiles, batch editing, selective cloud sync, publish services, etc. Those first need to get added for the product to be more useful to very high volume shooters than you can currently already

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Adobe thinking, and does anyone have a solution for using this cloud based Lightroom platform?

Lightroom CC is not targeted towards pro photographers that generate this many images. For this you really want to use Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this impression immediately ....But...this could be a spectacular product for the pros as well, if they would just create a hard drive shipping service for the raw images....how hard would that be, and if they did, they would change the industry forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bandwidth is going to remain a problem for most for a long time. I can't see Adobe doing a hard disk service ever but that would solve the problem. That said, Lightroom CC misses basically every feature that many Pros need  such as printing, hierarchical keywords, export to anything else than jpeg, camera profiles, batch editing, selective cloud sync, publish services, etc. Those first need to get added for the product to be more useful to very high volume shooters than you can currently already get with Lightroom Classic combined with a good online or other backup solution. I think the best way to think about Lightroom CC is that it is simply a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to the desktop and that's all it is. Fun to play with and it certainly points to the future. you could even do serious work with it if your needs are limited or your work only ever gets seen online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jao,

We will stick with Classic , but will keep hoping the portable drive shipping gets added some day....Maybe Adobe lets a 3rd Party vendor in to perform the shipping and uploads...:-)

It would be awesome for additional or even alternative backups....and it would be hugely popular!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines