Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation Error with Asian Font Pack

Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have offices in Japan as well as the US. The issue that we are facing is not that the font packs will not install, but that even after install, the information is wrong, or at least displayed wrong. This is not an issue with the old Windows97 systems, only in the Windows200 systems. I had a user in Japan send me a scanned version as well as the PDF so I knew what the difference looked like, and have posted a few of the issues below.

Correct:

CorrectSnip1.PNG

CorrectSnip2.PNG

Incorrect:

IncorrectSnip1.PNG

IncorrectSnip2.PNG

These are the exact same document, only one is the original, and the incorrect one is what it looks like after it is 'translated' state-side.

This is a major issue for us, as we have hundreds of orders constantly going back and forth, and the order isn't correct when we receive it.

Thank you for any help,

Nick

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by “translated”. The font pack has nothing to do with translation. What do you do to get the second?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct version is the version that is created in Japan and sent out. The incorrect on arrived through outlook as a PDF attachment, and when opened, looks as it is above. I'm sorry if the terminology is off, but I don't know what else to call it other than translation. Again, all I do to get the second one is open the PDF attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second screen shot. Is this viewed in a browser or email app? Open in Reader only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was opened in Reader for that image, but has also been opened in both Reader as well as Acrobat XI. At that point it was printed and the orange is sections that were circled to show the differences. The images were captured with snippit, a simple cut and capture program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines