• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ELEMENTS 14 (on disc) Need different camera raw.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people.

I have Elements 14 (disc version not cc)

I have been using it for quite some time without a problem at all, UNTIL now.

I have bought a new Canon G7x mk2 compact. If I shoot in RAW and load on to my laptop all is ok until i want to process those raw files and use Camera raw version

I have not had any trouble with other cameras that I have or still own.but just problems using my Canon G7X Mk2.in Raw. ? i have checked up and Camera Raw version 10 is compatible with my Canon G7X Mk2.

So I down loaded version 10.

The problem is I can't get this version to install inside Elements 14.

So I am now thinking is Elements 14 not compatible with camera Raw version 10 ?

If I try to see if there is a Elements 14 update the answer back is Elements 14 is up to date .

Note.

If I use my Canon G7X Mk2 in Jpeg i can use Elements 14 in Camera Raw with my installed version 9.5.0.585

Has any body else had this issue  ?

2. I thought of buying Elements 2018 or Elements 15 but which version of camera raw is included in those editions ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Only Elements 2018 is compatible with camera raw 10.0 (after using the menu Help >> Update).

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

The link is not yet updated for PSE2018 , but as mentioned above, PSE2018 is compatible.

Your free solution with PSE14 is to download the Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in the faq. That independent software (not a plugin) can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the universal DNG raw file that PSE14 can read and ed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Elements 2018 is compatible with camera raw 10.0 (after using the menu Help >> Update).

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

The link is not yet updated for PSE2018 , but as mentioned above, PSE2018 is compatible.

Your free solution with PSE14 is to download the Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in the faq. That independent software (not a plugin) can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the universal DNG raw file that PSE14 can read and edit. Same quality, but an additional (batch) step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your correct answer Michael. I have downloaded the 30 day free trial of Elements 2018 and also did the camera raw update to the version 10 as you said. I can report that every thing works well and I have taken more of my photos in RAW and had no problems converting those to jpeg, so now I am very happy using my new Canon G7X Mk2 camera. Once again Michael thank you very much for your kind help in this matter.

Regards

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines