Have you mapped Title to Heading1 in the Style Mapping dialog?
No opinion on this
Do your tables contain heading rows? If not, can you add them to remedy the Header cell - not scoped message?
Please respond back, as I'd like to know if/how you get these remedied!
I tried doing them. But couldn't resolve issue for Tables specially. That is only possible through HTML editing so Robohelp is must. Because we have an option for HTML editing on the go.
Are you saying that your tables now contain heading rows, and that the problem still occurs?
To fix this error each Column header and Row header must contain following codes in HTML.
<th scope="col"> xyz </th>
<td scope="row"> abc </td>
I suggest you submit this at adobe.com/go/wish. FrameMaker has no "row heading" feature, so I imagine these would each require an extra option in the Style Mapping, much like the option to start a new topic based on style.
I just tried the structured version of FM 2017. Our guides are in unstructured format. So it will be a little bit hectic task to migrate them in to structured version. But, I am able to fix all the errors I mentioned in this question including table element.
Now it looks like following during the testing:
When I saw the element structure, I can see the option of scope there. Then the summary is given just like this:
The only challenge is now to migrate. It all looks good. Structured version of FM 2017 can generate responsive as well as 98% accessible HTML output.
There is a very small modification has to be done in index.html after generation to add iframe title which is very easy for anyone.
Here is the problem
iFrame is the sidebar we have for navigation. To fix this error anyone can go to index.html file and do this change.
<iframe title = "This is sidebar navigation" class="topic" name="rh_default_topic_frame_name"></iframe>
Just added the title attribute here. Now the output looks like this
May be the name attribute can be edited to title attribute internally in Framemaker for next version. That would help.Also our VPAT testing tool may be different to others. So that makes sense. It's just a minor observation.
It looks like your example is using DITA, so it's good to know that DITA HTML5 is nearly valid using your accessibility eval tool.
How did you resolve the row heading message? I don't see where you identified a row heading to address that message from your checker tool.
Migrating to DITA is a manageable task, but not a pushbutton process. As with any conversion process, make sure you provide time and budget to do the migration and hand work to switch over.
Actually, the accessibility testing tool considers scope for each row and column. When we insert a table in framemaker in structured way, it looks like following, where by default the codes are good for accessibility. I can see each row and column has a header element and it also has a scope.
The code <row rowsep="0"> and <entry colname="1"> fix this issue by default and it's very good.
Migrating to DITA may take a little more time, but we can manage since we don't have to struggle too much in editing part.
I would be very happy if you can suggest something about creating/editing EDD/DTD. Or share some link where I can learn to re-structure and format my content.
That would help a lot.
You can get information on my 2 FrameMaker 2017 structure workbooks
(Structured Authoring, and Structured EDD Development) at http://www.techcommtools.com/books/
The EDD workbook has an entire chapter devoted to structuring legacy content.
I also have a series of FrameMaker courses (structured and unstructured) available.
More info at Online Training Courses - Tech Comm Tools
Thank you so much.