• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2018/LR Classic CC 7.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi – Just updated to PS 2018 have not updated to LR CC Classic as yet.
Notice that when exporting picture from LR CC (2017) to PS 2018 the “save” option in PS is greyed out & no longer avilable?
“Save As” is available.
Will “Save” become avalable after I upgrade to CC Classic or not!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you meant LR CC 2015?

I just tried this and it works fine LR CC 2015 -> PS 2018 -> LR CC2015. It works ok with File/save and ctl/cmd S. I am on a Mac Book Pro/Sierra machine.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope
Did not mean 2015

I have updated to PS CC 2018 and LR CC 2018 (Classic). I have both iMac & MacBook Pro (both High Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is only LR CC 2015 and LR Classic (V7). No such app as LR 2018.

In any case both versions of LR work fine with sending an image to PS 2018 and back.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
when exporting picture from LR CC (2017) to PS 2018

Without knowing 'How' you are 'exporting'- This may be your problem.

Do not use the Export function with Post Processing in Photoshop.

You should instead use the "Edit In" method to open the image in Photoshop.

Menu > Photo > Edit In > Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

or [ Ctrl+E ]

If you 'Export' the image with PP "After Export" in Photoshop, Photoshop accepts the totally new image file that as yet has no destination. It only exists as a document in Photoshop. Hence "Save" is not available as Photoshop does not know where the file is to be stored. Photoshop is insisting on a location by forcing the "Save As" option.

Edit:  There is the option in the Lightroom Export dialog to "Add to this Catalog" which would give you the "Save" option on Photoshop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines