Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro interface looks soft

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening folks,

I got my Dell XPS 15 9560 2 days ago and I've had a few issues with it, one of them is a very recent one and an odd one. My friend/colleague bought the same exact model and he doesn't have this issue.

The issue is, my premiere looks soft. The text of the files in the timeline look like they have the wrong resolution compared to the computers resolution. I got the 4k model so my resolution is set to 3840x2160 and I've scaled it down to 175%.

I tried reinstalling it as well as changing back to 250% scaling on the resolution which is the factory setting of it, but I still had the same issue. I've compared it side by side to my colleague and there's definitely a difference. His text all over the program looks sharp and the way it should be while mine look like it's not really corresponding with the rest of the computer's resolution.

If you guys would be so kind and look at the screenshots I've attached you'll see the difference between our computers and when I look at the screenshots where it's very apparent that something is off with mine. Any ideas what that might be?

Thanks in advance!

Mine.jpgColleague.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

I finally contacted Adobe directly via chat and alas, the issue was found and resolved!

I was referred to this link and while it wasn't exactly the same way the link said for me, it worked by unchecking "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-high-dpi-displays

Thanks all for trying your best to help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should leave Display Scaling at 100%.  If that laves things too small, then you need a larger screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I  shouldn't considering the recommended scaling is 250% and most people with the XPS run at 200% and my friend even ran it at 250% without this issue

[Please respect other members of the forum.  Sarcasm removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you both using the same graphics card?

Are you using both monitor scaling and text scaling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the computers are identical.

I've only changed the monitor scaling, not sure what text scaling is. My friend also only changed the monitor scaling - I find it odd that we've both done the same things but only I have this text issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 Adobe change font size (smaller) for the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann,

The problem is that my friend has an identical computer with identical settings(he also has 175% scaling now) and only I have the issue. So them changing the font size to smaller is fine, but my font actually looks soft and like it's not the right resolution, somehow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same version of graphics driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so. Both computers are brand new and identical specs - I just checked my drivers and they appear to be up to date... What's weird is that this is really only in Premiere. After Effects, PS and Lightroom all look the way they're supposed to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danieln82440300  wrote

I believe so.

Check the driver numbers to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drivers are up to date - they weren't before but even after updating them it's still the same. My friend hasn't updated his grahpics drivers and his Premiere still look pin sharp... Very frustrating because I haven't done anything to it and I've even tried reinstalling it without success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally contacted Adobe directly via chat and alas, the issue was found and resolved!

I was referred to this link and while it wasn't exactly the same way the link said for me, it worked by unchecking "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-hig...

Thanks all for trying your best to help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines