• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import times in the MINUTES for a dozen clips or WAV files.

Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is shocking how inefficient Premiere has become.  Most of us, here on the forums, are running high end computers, and yet Premiere gets slower and slower with every release.  I'm still suffering with import times in the MINUTES for a dozen clips or WAV files.

Adobe, please take the pedal off of the gazillion features pipeline, and, instead, bug fix and optimize.  Your code base must be a mess.  It's getting worse and worse.  There is something very wrong with a program that takes MINUTES to import a bunch of files into a project.  It's not useable.

My standard procedure with my current workflow is to start an import and come here, to the forums, to vent.

Oh, and I demanded my subscription to be free for 2 months.  And I'll demand it again in two months if the import bug still exists.  Everyone using this beta software should DEMAND the same.  EVERYONE!  Seriously, if you're here, suffering one of these project crippling bugs, you shouldn't be paying for the Creative Cloud.  I'm tired of marketing that sells new updated software when I'm terrified to upgrade knowing there's a good chance my productivity will be destroyed.

Demand your refund or free months of subscription today.  Please. For the benefit of everyone here.  Adobe will only change if they start to feel it in the bottom line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am so pissed off..  am down a week with this crap and i am losing money. Why the hell am i paying for this.. I think it is time to find a new editor. I cant keep doing this.. Adobe are you listening? Do something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are you listening?

Here?  Occasionally.  It's mostly a user forum.

Below?  Every time.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I've found the Adobe Bug Report Form to be even a bigger waste of time than venting to these forums.  Venting to these forums enables me to share my pain with others that are suffering and hear their tales of foe.... it's therapeutic.

Whereas filling out that bloody bug report form feels like the biggest waste of time.... like flushing 10 minutes of my time down the toilet.  I've NEVER received any feedback and or engagement from these bug reports.  It's like they go into a black hole far in space and are never seen by anyone, ever again... let alone Adobe engineers that are working on fixing them.

Surely filing a bug should elicit some response from Adobe... at some point over the subsequent 3 or 4 years.... like reaching out for further clarification of how to recreate the bug, or confirmation that my reported bug was fixed in a future release.  Alas, that has never happened.  With out any confirmation that someone actually is working on those bug reports, why should anyone spend time reporting bugs?... and do it in a thorough manner, which can take considerably more than 10 minutes?  Engagement with those reporting the bugs is like Quality  Assurance 101 and Adobe seems to be clueless.  And if they have too many reported bugs for their engineers to handle.... and they can't even spare a few minutes to engage those reporting the bugs, then Adobe has some bigger problems.... like too many bugs.... and too few personnel fixing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines