• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Show Audio Time Units" can only nudge clip by one frame at a time

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to line up my clips to the bass drum of a song, however, when I try to move my clip to the right location, it skips right over it because it falls between frames.  I have turned off snapping and turned on Show Audio Time Units, however, this problem is still occurring.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Video can only be moved in frame units regardless of the Audio Time Units Setting.

The frame is the smallest whole unit of video there is. There is no way to edit or move video in any unit smaller than the frame.

You can, however move audio at a subframe level, and this is what selecting Shoiw Audio Time Units allows you to do.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video can only be moved in frame units regardless of the Audio Time Units Setting.

The frame is the smallest whole unit of video there is. There is no way to edit or move video in any unit smaller than the frame.

You can, however move audio at a subframe level, and this is what selecting Shoiw Audio Time Units allows you to do.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way around this, or is it not possible to sync up the clip with the bass drum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually the other way around.

You sync your audio to the video as you can move the audio 1/48000 of a second (if set to Show Audio Units).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shift the audio so that the bass drum hits fall as close as possible to the frame cut points.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines