Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an animated time lapse from a single image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I want to do:

Take a single RAW image and manipulate the curves setting (Photoshop/Lightroom) over a period of time, with non-linear interpolation between keyframes.

PART 1: BEST SOFTWARE for exponential/polynomial interpolation between keyframes:

So this is really a two part question. For the first part, I need to know which software out of these 5 would offer the best workflow for this task. I have access to all of them, however photoshop is the only one I'm currently fluent with. But I can easily learn whichever need be.

1. Premiere Pro

2. After Effects

3. Photoshop

4. LRTimelapse

5. Final Cut Pro

PART 2: Working with a single image:

Is there a better way to do this than making 1000 copies of the same image and treating it as a standard time lapse sequence? Like some sort of pointer to the image with changing camera raw settings in time space?

Any other insights on relevant workflow is also appreciated.

Thanks,

-Zach D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to parrs 1 anbd 2 is After Effects. no need to make it more complicated than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines