Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp X5 and number of topics

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I selected the Topics tab in my RH X5 project and selected all the topics expecting to see the number of topics in the status bar, but I don't see it. I've inherited this RH project and am trying to figure out how many topics there are in it.

Sounds like I should be able to resolve it seeing as it's so simple, but I can't find the answer.

Thanks,
Tech Communicator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 08, 2008 Apr 08, 2008
Hi Colum,

Thanks a ton for the prompt reply! It rang a loud bell, but I'd used the Reports options when I was on RH 9 and that was 8-9 years ago so I suppose I can forgive myself for forgetting it. :-)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tech_communicator and welcome to the abode of the RH community.
This info does not display in the status bar but you can get it by clicking the Tools | Reports menu item and selecting the Topic Properties tab. Near the top of the report it states the number of topics. You can also limit the report to specific project folders if you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks a ton for the prompt reply! It rang a loud bell, but I'd used the Reports options when I was on RH 9 and that was 8-9 years ago so I suppose I can forgive myself for forgetting it. :-)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Also, the Output View Log tells you the number of topics produced in generating WebHelp. I don't know whether this includes the separate topics it creates for text-only popups. They show up as

topicfilename_text0.htm
topicfilename_text1.htm

and so on.

Harvey

On rereading your post, I see you're using RH x5. I can't recall which RH version introduced these text topics. Not sure you get them in x5..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp