• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC2018 Extensions

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install extensions from the exchange with the extension manager? All I get is "This extension cannot be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 13 or greater" I have the latest version!??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which extensions are you trying to use?

I don't use anything from the Adobe Add-ons page because quite frankly they don't work.

I mainly use 3rd party extensions directly from the extension developer's web sites.  And to install them I use an Extension Manager from Project Seven or DMX Zone.  They're both FREE.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

I'm trying to install the DMX server binding extension as it doesn't work anymore in the server behaviors tab, but at least it's a free download! (for now).

You'd think that with the reputation that Adobe has, that their extension manager would work?

It's a shame you pay all that money, it should run seamlessly?

I shall follow the links, that's great, thank you

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe killed the Extension Manager a long time ago.  IMO, the Add-ons page is a bad joke to users and extension makers both.

Support for the deprecated Server-Behavior panels was killed in an update to CC 2017.   I have some extensions that piggy back on top of those old SB panels  So now, I have to revert to an older version of DW to use them.

Yeah.  It sucks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you are referring to

As you can see, these have now been updated and can be used in the latest versions of DW.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Nancy wrote...

What Adobe killed is actually the front end UI for their extension manager. They did this to try to drive people to their App Store. The App Store requires the extension manager backend (Adobe ExMan) in order to run. The problem is that it usually doesn't work in the way Adobe is deploying it. That said, If you are attempting to install a DMX Zone extension, use their free extension manager. You can also use ours. And stay away from the App Store - it's a mess.

Al Sparber

Project Seven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

it's really a pitty as a veteran user, that one has (I too you know I too) to use YOUR extension manager. Couldn't we achieve an "Adobe-Change-In-thinking" by the help of our highly qualified and motivated participants, for example by a participation at "How can we improve Adobe Dreamweaver?" (see https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/forums/379458-adobe-dreamweaver-ideas)

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like a good idea Hans, but the reality is that no matter what we say Adobe, (and the Dw team) will only do what they want to do.

If you post ideas, or start discussions on Dw in this forum, the acp forum, the pre-release or the user voice, (cab is also often ignored) you will find that too many people either do not care, have given up trying, (me) or turn everything into a Dw is fantastic and we should not try to change, criticise or improve it, discussion.

We all want Dw to be the best there is, but what that is, depends on the individual and what they wish, and consensus is almost impossible to achive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

Great idea, but...

The problem is that while a few ACPs and regulars in the forum believe as you do, others are either apathetic or against using extensions. As with any change, it will take cohesiveness, which I'm afraid does not exist here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys and gals,

Extension Manager was not exclusive to Dreamweaver.  When it worked, it worked for the ENTIRE product line.  So this is not a DW problem.  It's an ADOBE problem because these poor decisions were made by top level management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that. Our EM uses the buried ExMan utility, which polls for all compatible Adobe Apps. Dreamweaver is an Adobe problem and Adobe obviously has lots of problems, not the least being that as a survivor of the software wars, its options for divestiture are slowly eroding. So, cash flow is very likely its god. That said, the Extension Manager is very likely still in the domain of the department that oversees the Exchange/App Store. I would bet a healthy sum that Adobe management is not aware of the machinations going on in that department, a department that was likely given a mandate to do an App Store just like Apple and Google have done. I can imagine that when they realized that they couldn't get the result management wanted, they pulled a few desperate measures, one of which was to pull the Extension Manage front end in the hopes that it would drive all extension developers to use the App Store exclusively. Well, they failed for a number of reasons. Perhaps it was karma. Perhaps the fact that they lied about Extension Manager, saying it had to be removed for code reasons had something to do with it.

As it is, an effort to get Adobe thinking straight, has to start somewhere, so why not here. Why can't the ACPs be the driving force for reason? Does Adobe not listen to you all? Or is it because there is not a unified stream of thought?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the answer to your own question AL.

When have Adobe listened to any of us that are still regular contributors?

The ACP badge gives us a few free 'perks', but no say in what happens, even if we all decide that something is wrong, missing, or whatever. You yourself are a member of pre-release, so you know how 'effective' that channel is for change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

You know the answer to your own question AL.

When have Adobe listened to any of us that are still regular contributors?

The ACP badge gives us a few free 'perks', but no say in what happens, even if we all decide that something is wrong, missing, or whatever. You yourself are a member of pre-release, so you know how 'effective' that channel is for change.

I don't know. The last time I had any "status" dates back to when I was one of the original Macromedia Dreamweaver evangelists, and they did listen to me... until several months before the Adobe buyout... when they didn't.  So, I really don't know what goes on now. I was banned from the pre-release when it was by invitation only for being "outspoken". I was reinstated when it became more or less a public thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ALsp  wrote

I was reinstated when it became more or less a public thing.

I don't know why they do not make the pre-release a sub-section of this forum?

At least then we could tell everyone to go and 'post complaints', 'not working correctly' and 'where is this feature' posts there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Why can't the ACPs be the driving force for reason? Does Adobe not listen to you all?

That's right.  Zero, zilch, nada.

Another case in point.  I started a thread about a year ago in the back pleading with Adobe to make the CC Desktop App better.  That thread is still going on BTW.   All ACPs agree that the default setting of removing previous versions has a devastating impact to users.   And while I'm gratified that Adobe made some improvements to the CC Desktop App, they patently  ignored the most important one.  In fact, they went in the opposite direction and de-emphasized the Advanced Options link that conceals the checkbox for removing default settings. 

This is most definitely NOT what we were asking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines