Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever photoshop is on I lose all my system storage

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ...  thanks in advance for help.

Everytime Photoshop is running - I get error codes saying my scratch disk is full. So when I check my storage my "System" storage goes to 174 GB Used and then as soon as I close it out it goes back to normal freeing all my space up.

Tried Purging everything - changing my scratch disk to an external hard drive - reset photoshop settings - nothing seems to be working.

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

You should also check the root directory of your Scratch drives and look for orphaned Photoshop Temp**********' files.  I just did the same to illustrate the point, and I have >10Gb of files that do not have todays date (the 12th here in NZ as I type this), and I switched off my computer last night.  In fact if you close Photoshop and wait a second or two, you can manually delete any Photoshop Temp files left hanging.  I have not had any system crashes in the last couple of months, or any events

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not unusual for Photoshop to generate large scratch disk files.  What space do you have on your disk(s)?

Start Photoshop go to Preferences > Scratch disks and take a snapshot and paste it here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should also check the root directory of your Scratch drives and look for orphaned Photoshop Temp**********' files.  I just did the same to illustrate the point, and I have >10Gb of files that do not have todays date (the 12th here in NZ as I type this), and I switched off my computer last night.  In fact if you close Photoshop and wait a second or two, you can manually delete any Photoshop Temp files left hanging.  I have not had any system crashes in the last couple of months, or any events that might have caused my problem, but it is something that happens more than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines