• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is lightroom CC for ios/ipad changing the raw file once it passes through the cloud

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently done the following experiment to try a new workflow.

Download the raw files using the camera kit on the ipad on to Photos

Once all photos are in

Open lightroom cc on ipad

Sync the few photos you wish to sync

Once the computer:

Save a copy of the photo from the sd card on to the drive

Save that photo on to lightroom classic

Wait until the lightroom cc syncs down a copy of the previous file you uploaded from the ipad

Now compare both files on lightroom classic

Files have different spectrums

Strange

I would've thought there would no changes when the files travelled on to the adobe cloud and back down

Are others experiencing this?

I am probably not going to do this since it takes a great amount of time to sync up using the lightroom on the ipad.

probably use it as a separate outlet and have a second set of photo backup when on the go

but not for serious workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

>Files have different spectrums

Do you mean histogram? What you are likely seeing is that on the iPad, Lightroom can only use the Adobe Standard profile for your images. You might have set a different default or applied auto tone on your desktop. I am quite certain that Lightroom if you goi through the cloud does not touch your raw data in any way and that you just get a plain raw file as if you downloaded it directly to your desktop. It also automatically applies lens corrections on the iPad whi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Files have different spectrums

Do you mean histogram? What you are likely seeing is that on the iPad, Lightroom can only use the Adobe Standard profile for your images. You might have set a different default or applied auto tone on your desktop. I am quite certain that Lightroom if you goi through the cloud does not touch your raw data in any way and that you just get a plain raw file as if you downloaded it directly to your desktop. It also automatically applies lens corrections on the iPad while it won't do that on your Desktop Lightroom by default. Bottom line is check if all develop settings, including those in calibration, are actually the same on both raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jao

Thanks a lot.

That was the thing.  I was looking at the histogram changes and indeed the ipad had lens correction by default (good catch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines