• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF OPENS UP ILLUSTRATOR, NOT ACROBAT PRO

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RESTORE IT TI OPEN ACROBAT NOT ILLUSTRATOR WHEN I CLICK ON A PDF FILE THAT COMES IN VIA E-MAIL

THANK YOU

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an operating system issue.

• On a Mac, right-click and choose Get Info
  • On Windows, right-click and choose Open with

Select Acrobat instead of Illustrator

and

select for all files of these type, not just the one file to make it the default.

Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue.  I've tried your suggestion and it works a couple of times, but somehow resets to Illustrator as the default for opening all PDF files.   Even when I export a PDF from InDesign and select "view PDF after exporting", it launches Illustrator.

When I choose Open with, I also select the "Change All" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi creatojuk

Can you show a screen shot of the Finder or Windows File Explorer and show what you are doing when you make this change? Do you have permissions on the folder the PDF is being saved to? Can you get it to change at all, or does it fail immediately?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an OS related problem. At some stage you assigned Illustrator as the preferred .pdf handler. You need to reassign Acrobat as the tool to use. You need to give the OS and version, so that you can get targeted advice for correcting this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines