• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue re-loading plug-ins

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest version of Photoshop CC  (19.0) today. Of course, my plug-ins did not migrate. Topaz Labs Topaz Adjust migrated, but Remask didn't. Go figure. Drives me nuts, but a known issue So I tried re-installing my Portraiture plug-in, but it only shows host options of Adobe Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Photoshop CS5. Adobe Photoshop CC is not shown as a host option. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried clicking on the Add button, but am not sure what folder to send it to. Could someone please help? I don't want to have to edit from CS5 all weekend

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe  does not migrate third party Photoshop Plug-ins when you install a new version of Photoshop. This has alway been the case.  You need to use the third party installer to install you plug-ins or manually install thirty Plug-ins..   In very old versions of Photoshop there was a  Photoshop Preference that you could use to set and addotional plug-in Path tp Photoshop.  That preference has been removed in newer versions of Photoshop.  I still use that ma\ethod by adding my Photoshop plug-in path to Adobe Photoshop Plug-in folder.  I have to do that manually.  There is no getting around the fact that  you need to install the Photoshop Plug-in you wish to use in Phooshop into ever version of Photoshop you use.

All you may need to do is copy your plug-ins into Adobe's Photoshop CC 2018 Plug-ins folder.  I stress MAY for I do not use Portraiture more may be required or you may need a version of it that supports CC 2018.  Check with its developer look at their web site.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines