• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Problems on new iPad

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC (which I like for the most part by the way) and I just got a new iPad Pro 10.5"  I eagerly installed Lightroom like my old iPad but many of the photos are not visible.  It says "All synced and backed up", so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

OK, I tried all that.  Killed the app, rebooted the iPad, and nothing changed.  I finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  It worked perfectly then.  All photos synced up in about an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you don't see the images but only square boxes? It can take a little while for the previews to be pulled in from the cloud if you are not on ultrafast internet. It should be faster after that but initially it can take a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have very fast internet.  Even the images in the folders which I've chosen to store on the ipad for offline editing are not showing up (some are, but a lot aren't).  If I click on the empty box, the image does open up, but when I close it and go back to the folder the preview is still not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience you just have to be patient or kill the mobile app and restart it. Sometimes it hangs on a single image not downloading because of some internet or some cloud server hiccup. That clears after some time or you just make the app start over. You can either kill the app from the mobile OS interface or reboot the whole mobile device.

You really need very fast internet for this initial load especially after you have synced a very large amount of images just before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I tried all that.  Killed the app, rebooted the iPad, and nothing changed.  I finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  It worked perfectly then.  All photos synced up in about an hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. Could you try to open up the Lr CC setting on you iPad via the top left LR icon. Then navigate to the "Local Storage"-section and choose "Clear Cache". This will force download the thumbnail. Am I right that you have setup your iPad from an iOS-backup?
Hope this helps - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little trick I've learned and use if I think sync is is blocked. Tap on Pause Syncing then on Resume Syncing.

Doing that establishes an entirely new path to the 'cloud' which may be better than the blocked one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines