• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch Mouth Shape to Surprise

Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I computed lip sync from scene audio and now am trying to clean some things up. I understand how to split the track and I know how to change to another viseme or to silence. But how do I switch to surprise or smile without camera recording it?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

You can try assigning a trigger to the Surprised layer (e.g., assigned to the S key), then where you want to force a Surprised mouth shape, select the Surprised trigger in the Triggers panel and then use the Timeline > Record > 1-frame Take or 2-frame Take command, then extend that trigger take as needed for the surprised expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this not doable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a second version of the face with a surprised expression, then assign a trigger to this so that when you press a key the character switches to the smile face;

this should help you;

Character Animator New Features (Part 1: Triggers & Controls Panel) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that still requires staging it during a record though, right? Can I introduce a trigger while editing my timeline after I've recorded?

Thanks for responding to my questions, Angie. Sorry if my responses suggest I'm a malcontent.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try assigning a trigger to the Surprised layer (e.g., assigned to the S key), then where you want to force a Surprised mouth shape, select the Surprised trigger in the Triggers panel and then use the Timeline > Record > 1-frame Take or 2-frame Take command, then extend that trigger take as needed for the surprised expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff, that was exactly the answer I was looking for. Sorry it took so long to respond, I only just now had a chance to try it out.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines