• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue exporting from Lightroom to Adobe Photoshop CC - Getting error "The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile description is invalid."

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently replaced my old laptop with a Dell XPS 15 laptop with 4K display.

After installing Adobe Light Room and Photoshop CC 2018 on it - I started encountering issues exporting photos from Light Room to Photoshop. Specifically, when I attempt to export an image from Light Room to Photoshop - I receive the following error "The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile description is invalid. Ignoring the profile". When I click "Continue", Photoshop loads the image but the color is messed up and looks awful.

I checked around on the web and can't find any instructions on how to fix this.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your Lightroom Preferences. What's the default profile set to?

Lrprefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey D Fosse,

Thanks for the response. Here is a screenshot of my default profile settings from Lightroom. Does this help?

Thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, try another export color space. If that works, it would seem your ProPhoto profile is damaged.

BTW - It doesn't have to be ProPhoto just because it's the default. In fact it probably shouldn't be unless you are aware of the special considerations that working in ProPhoto requires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines