• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint brush - color burn - colors adding up problem. Fix?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda newbish with photoshop and i ran into a problem with the paint brush in color burn mode. Or should I use a different mode? because i tried some of them.

I figured out how to paint this shoe. However, when i'm brushing this shoe and i put some color over the same area again, colors keep adding up. See picture below to clarify.

Also to color the whole shoe in different colors i would seperate the shoe in layers i guess to prevent different colors to run over each other also?

Is that necessary? Because that would be really time consuming?

So how do I keep painting without this happening? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

I would use the pen tool to draw the shape you want to colour, see more on Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop , then when you finished to use the pen tool, change the blend mode from Normal to  Color Burn, see the picture.

You can learn more here, Blending modes in Adobe Photoshop . This will let you to not do multiple strokes on the brush tool, which it acts like you  did duplicate the layer, and this cause the strong colour. You can use the brush tool and change afterwards the Blend Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not "Color Burn" - just "Color".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

Using color instead of color burn seems to solve the problem.

HOWEVER: The color seems wayy off from the original color? Very light? Is there any way to change this?

Perhaps in the brush settings? I don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color blending mode applies the Hue and Saturation from the upper layer (or brush) and takes the Lightness from the underlying image. To darken the section you will need to select it and apply a curve.

Another way is to use a Hue & Saturation adjustment layer above the image and  set it to "colorize". The use the lightness slider. Again though you will need to use a mask to control where the color will be applied. If you paint the mask with white it will apply color and with black it will hide the color

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the pen tool to draw the shape you want to colour, see more on Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop , then when you finished to use the pen tool, change the blend mode from Normal to  Color Burn, see the picture.

You can learn more here, Blending modes in Adobe Photoshop . This will let you to not do multiple strokes on the brush tool, which it acts like you  did duplicate the layer, and this cause the strong colour. You can use the brush tool and change afterwards the Blend Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot guys! Both.

For now i will just use a normal brush with normal mode and change layer to color burn after i'm done with that layer.

That works fine for me.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines