Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Text Selector as default

Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the hand tool every time and have to click the text selector arrow on the toolbar every time I open a document. I have googled for at least an hour and tried everything. I. ONLY. WANT. THE. SELECT. CURSOR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billj,

Try right-clicking one of the pdf and click Select Tool, does that work?

Below is the screenshot:

Thanks,

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have to do that every time I open a document. It will not remember my settings. I want it permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try troubleshooting steps suggested in the link given below:

Making the selection tool default in Adobe Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. I give up. I've found a different PDF reader that doesn't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... Foxit has it's own share of very similar problems, except worse. So I'm back trying to make Adobe work.

Now, I have installed this on two different machines. And I have the same problem. Everything outlined in this thread, along with everything I could find in Google searches, does not work.

I have uninstalled using Revo and removed every trace of Adobe in the registry and every file and folder. I have then reinstalled. Still no go.

Is there a fix. This just started and I can't find out why. But I have to work with hundreds of documents a day, 15 open at a time, and it is slowing me down drastically to have to set the text selector for every document.

Can anyone give me an answer? Am I making the problem clear? I don't want the hand tool selected by default. I want to set the text tool (the arrow icon, not the hand icon) and have it remain the default.

Is there a registry setting that I can go to and set this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested in the link mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything you suggested in your post. And more. After using your removal tool and reinstalling - and it still doesn't work - I uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller Pro and eliminated every registry trace and file, then reinstalled and still no go.

I can set the text selector for a document, but I have to do it for each and every document. The setting is not remembered.Is there something in preferences that I need to set? If there is a registry key where this setting is persisted, can you point me to the key and I will set it with RegEdit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please refer to the steps suggested in the following link and see if that helps:

how to set the cursor tool to select tool when opening acrobat XI 11.0 instead of Hand Tool

You may also visit the following link requesting a feature: Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines