• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in AE / 360 video and Stabilization (VR Comp editor)

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I have an important question for you

I am having troubles when it comes to stabilize 360 video in after effect CC 2018 using the VR Comp editor (previously Mettle Skybox composer in CC 2017)

I am able to stabilize a few seconds of the video but when it comes to the entire length (5min), it blocks on the second step and the software gives me an error message.

I am following those steps to work with my footages:

Updated - How to Stabilize 360 Footage with SkyBox Studio V2 | After Effects on Vimeo

How can I manage to fix this problem and get my video stabilized entirely ?

Do you know any way to stabilize properly 360 footages ?

Can it be a lack of power in my computer ?

PC specs: DELL XPS 9560 running on Windows 10.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700hq 2.8GHz

RAM: 16 Go

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven, have you discovered the correct workflow to stabilize 360 footage in the new release of after effects cc 2018?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Are you still struggling to get this work done in After Effects? Anything we can help you with? Have you filed a bug here?

Let us know!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read this article:

https://www.mettle.com/skybox-to-cc-2018-integration-chart/

To stabilize 360 footage in new AE you need to run VR Comp Editor

instead of SkyBox Composer.

Functionality is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Yes I know it's VR Comp Editor right now, but we get the same result than with SkyBox Composer: it doesn't work 95% of time and when it does, it's because we try to stabilize a very short period of the video (such as less than 30 seconds).

The thing which could be perfect in this situation would be to send 30 seconds stabilization by 30 seconds to Media Encoder and let it make the job. But when you want to stabilize, everything has to be done on After Effects and we always have to wait until the 2nd step on 2 to get an error message...

Thanks again for your answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan

I have updated AE inbuilt with immersive video opposition I am trying to stabilize the footage following this tutorial How to stabilize 360 video with Adobe CC 2018 - YouTube but when I reached to 3d camera tracking and put footage for analyzing it not working for signal frame, kindly help me out .

system configuration

Processor: intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz

Ram: 32 GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 2 GB

operating system: windows 10 X64

AE version: 15.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

I have exactly the same problem, but cannot find any answer or solution yet !

I have been following (or at least I think I did ) every instruction : using VRcomp, adding 3D edit, analysing the footage .... but I can't get to the step where I can add the camera. Always getting an error in step 2.

Thanks for helping,

Sylvain

PS : I should add that in step 1, I cannot see the progression as it is shown in the different video tutorials I have seen ("analysing frame X of XXX")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Seems that we are a few still having exactly the same problem. Any clue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the same problem, what error do you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines