• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to VB 6 Application

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use VB6 Enterprise Edition and trying to learn and use Robohelp X5 Office. I created all of my "Topic" files then created the "chm" file. At this point I am totally lost on what to do next. I personally think the Help files in RoboHelp and in VB are confusing. Can you give a "cookbook" approach on how to hook the help files to a VB application.

Here are 3 examples of what I want to do:
Example 1: On the main screen, I have a menu HELP; a submenu CONTENTS
when the user clicks on CONTENTS, I want the Help (that I wrote) to show.

Example 2: Each screen in my application is represented by a TOPIC. For example, In the VB 6 project, I have a screen called "Action" screen. In the Robohelp project the Topic is called Action_Screen.htm. When executing the VB application and on the Action screen, if the user presses F1, I would want the Action_Screen.htm to show in the Help window.

Example 3: The Action screen has a command button called Edit (cmdExit). If I put my mouse over this button and pressed the F1 key, how do I associate a section within the Action_Screen.htm file?

Thanks,
Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2008 Dec 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I worked out the solution to the first 2 examples above by using the HTMLHELP api. As of now, I still need help with the 3rd example in the above post.

I am going to continue working on a solution but if you can help before I get back to this thread, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Example 3: The Action screen has a command button called Edit (cmdExit).
> If I put my mouse over this button and pressed the F1 key, how do I associate
> a section within the Action_Screen.htm file?

Don Lammers' "Connecting HTMLHelp to Visual Basic Programs" may be able to steer you in the right direction.

One option could be to use an HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC command to link to an anchor that you've inserted in the target topic, like this:

HtmlHelp(WinHandle,"HelpFile.chm::/Action_Screen.htm#anchor",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,NULL);

But if that doesn't work, an alternative could be to use the HH_HELP_CONTEXT command to pass a context integer, which you've mapped to the anchor in the target topic. See if these help:

http://frogleg.mvps.org/helptechnologies/htmlhelp/hhvbclas.html
http://www.help-info.de/en/Help_Info_HTMLHelp/hh_context-id.htm

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for the files. I quickly looked at them and I believe they will resolve the problem.

I will not be able to get to them for a couple days but I will report back to you after I try the procedures stated.

Thanks Again,
Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp