• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC (NEW one) Plugins (esp. Smug Mug)

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Are plugins supported?  If yes, please supply URL with instructions on how to install.

2. What is the plan for integration with Smug Mug in particular?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

annonshp  wrote

1. Are plugins supported?  If yes, please supply URL with instructions on how to install.

1. No plugins are supported. The architecture for them is missing completely.

2. Nobody here will tell you even if they knew (I don't) but I would guess it is a few years out. First they need to code an architecture that allows plugins. Then they need to do something like the publish folders in Classic (also not in Lightroom CC yet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Can you answer annonshp's question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bani

Can you give us any insight as to the possibility of adding plugin support to lightroom cc?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't want you to misunderstand here because I'm not even trying to speak for Adobe staff people. I'm not at all connected to Adobe. I don't know any Adobe staff people. But the new Lightroom CC is just that, a completely new concept that has just been introduced. It is a new program from the ground up, and will evolve in the coming years (yes years). You will simply have to watch it evolve and see how it develops. You will have to decide for yourself how/if you will integrate Lightroom CC into your workflow. Since everything is cloud based, there are a lot of new considerations. I think (and this is just my opinion) that it's unrealistic for anyone to start trying to ask Adobe to pinpoint when anything will be added to this new program. After all, in the past the company has never projected when new features would be added when their platform had a solid ground being filed based on the computer. Now that they are trying to expand their horizons beyond that, it seems to me that we are all going to have to see where the program takes us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annonshp  wrote

1. No plugins are supported. The architecture for them is missing completely.

2. Nobody here will tell you even if they knew (I don't) but I would guess it is a few years out. First they need to code an architecture that allows plugins. Then they need to do something like the publish folders in Classic (also not in Lightroom CC yet) to allow direct publishing. In the mean time, you should simply use Classic which still supports smugmug's plugin (I use it daily). Lightroom CC is a fun little thing to play with but not ready for more complex needs. It really is more or less like a port of the mobile app to a desktop machine and not much more. You can still use Classic with the cloud infrastructure the same way as you did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines