Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour change from PS saving to monitor

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I use CC 2018 on my laptop and have a 27"' Samsung monitor on which I edit.  My photos in PS looks bright and vibrant, but as soon as I save them as Jpegs, they look bland, dull and desaturated on my monitor.  What settings should I use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

That has nothing to do with "saving to jpeg". It has to do with what application you are using to view the file. If it isn't color managed, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto files will look desaturated. If you convert to sRGB, the difference will be much less noticeable (but still there).

Don't change anything in PS color settings. That's not where the problem is - in fact, it's probably not a problem at all, just lack of proper color management in your viewing application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That has nothing to do with "saving to jpeg". It has to do with what application you are using to view the file. If it isn't color managed, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto files will look desaturated. If you convert to sRGB, the difference will be much less noticeable (but still there).

Don't change anything in PS color settings. That's not where the problem is - in fact, it's probably not a problem at all, just lack of proper color management in your viewing application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines