• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xfinity has trouble accepting update flash on my imac

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac.  Recently, Xfinity streaming (to watch TV or get at my DVR) is having trouble with my adobe flash even though I update it over and over again as it continues to ask.  Never had trouble before.  Why isn't it accepting the updates?  Other websites that use flash have no problem.   Could it be that maybe Xfinity is a complex website that requires extra security like McAfee?  Normally Adobe does not like these things.  

Or something got on my computer that is bothering interaction between Adobe flash and Xfinity?  I checked my applications for anti-virus software and found none that I recognize from the file names;  and temporarily moved malware megabyte to trash.    No help.

One time I tried to open up the Adobe flash folder or file or whatever it is and I messages to buy McAfee which would not take no for an answer unless i shot down Safari.   Megabytes removed malware which might be related to unrequested messages to update flash.  End up with Comcast it seems wanting to sell me McAfee.  I don't know if how this is related.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

I noticed that my Safari preference still showed the Adobe version 23 even though I had downloaded 27. Hence, I deleted every adobe file on my computer and installed Adobe from scratch. The last part where I had to open the install file scared me because I was worried that I would get that push to buy McAfee. I didn't this time and all is well. Apple support had said that this was a malware attack that my Malwarebytes anti-malware program stopped then. Hence, I am OK on security and Xfinity stre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the steps at Xfinity support for upgrading Flash software? If not, here's the direct link:

Upgrade Your Adobe Flash Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator moved from the non-technical, non-product support forum Lounge to Using Flash Player.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there was an error during installation, Flash installed successfully.

What you're most likely encountering is the browser's click-to-enable Flash behaviour.  Essentially all major browsers are disabling Flash by default and forcing users to enable Flash, usually on a per-site basis.

You don't mention which browser you are using.  I'm going to assume Safari.  If so, please see Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that my Safari preference still showed the Adobe version 23 even though I had downloaded 27. Hence, I deleted every adobe file on my computer and installed Adobe from scratch. The last part where I had to open the install file scared me because I was worried that I would get that push to buy McAfee. I didn't this time and all is well. Apple support had said that this was a malware attack that my Malwarebytes anti-malware program stopped then. Hence, I am OK on security and Xfinity stream site is OK and in order.

Thank you, Maria, for your help.

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines