Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE11 does not recognise Flash if installed from .msi

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to get IE to recognise Flash is installed if it is installed from an .msi.

This is affecting around 70+ computers at 2 different sites so I would prefer not to use the manual installation.

This is affecting PC's running both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I am using: install_flash_player_27_active_x.msi

I re-downloaded it earlier today and have the same results.

I can see the program is installed in "Program and Features" but it does not appear in IE11's "Manage add-on" list.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, last download was 2/11/17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On Windows 10, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge, and all Flash Player updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update.  The MSI installer will not install Flash Player for IE on Windows 10.

The latest version (27.0.0.183) was released on 25-Oct and we've not received any wide-spread reports of this.  As such, I suspect this is isolated to your environment.

On the Windows 7 systems, please provide the following information:

• How, exactly, are you deploying the MSI (GPO, SCCM, something else).
  • Do you run the standalone uninstaller first, before running the MSI installer
  • When you say "it does not appear in IE11's "Manage add-on" list" is this when you have selected to 'Show all add-ons'? (By default, only currently loaded add-ons display).  Please provide a screenshot of the add-ons list, selected to 'show all add-ons'
  • Please provide the following log files from the same system, for the same installation attempt:
    • FlashInstall log file saved at:
      • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
      • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • MSI installation log file with v+x (verbose + extra debugging)
  • Post the log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a document ) or some other file sharing service that doesn't require log-in to access and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.'

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for slow response. I have been working on other issues as well as further testing.

Screen shots and log files are here: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

The stand alone installer works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Please provide the previously requested information:

• How, exactly, are you deploying the MSI (GPO, SCCM, something else).
  • Do you run the standalone uninstaller first, before running the MSI installer

In addition, on these systems, where Flash doesn't display in Manage Add-ons, are the users standard users, or Admin users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Using GPO to install flash but it does not seem to want to install from there so I have been running the .msi on the computer to reach the current issue.

Have just performed the following: Uninstalled Flash for both browsers. Ran stand alone uninstaller. Removed computer from network. Added computer back to network. Flash Active X reinstalled. Still missing from IE Extensions list.

Going to do a fresh install of Win7 on this laptop now and will update results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines