Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a PNG file

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me. My business logo was sent to me along with some other things on an art board as a png file. I need to separate the images, so I can use them for business cards etc. I have no clue how to do this, I’m not really familiar with photoshop. I have illustrator, but i guess that file type cannot be edited in illustrator? How do I separate all the images on the board without losing quality? I’m very frustrated, please help.

Thank you!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you had hired someone to create these graphics for you?

I would ask about a .ai or.eps file, they should hopefully have one.

Is the background on your .png image transparent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Yes i did hire someone to do this. I keep asking for the file with transparent background, but this person will not respond to me. She has been very difficult to work with. Getting her to respond to me is like pulling teeth. I was hoping someone here could help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah. I have separated the images, but cannot get the transparent background without losing quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should not have to do this, that’s why I hired her. I’m very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you link me your file via Dropbox?

I'll take a look at it for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re correct, you shouldn’t have to do this, it’s bad design work and also just creating more work for herself down the line – When I create logo’s for people I usually package it with everything they’ll need for the future this includes;

.ai file

.pdf file

.png file

Font’s used, unless licence is needed, In which case I will provide a link to purchase

.txt of my contact details

If you need someone to help, you can drop me a message, I may even be able to recreate the logo for you and provide all the above. – I’d be more than happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines